BUILDING A BRIGHTER FUTURE
Co-designed by Veterans for Veterans
This course aims to provide you with the opportunity to gain clarity about your direction in life, develop tools and strategies to help you commit to action and make progress towards your brighter future.
Download the course flyer for more information.
The course is split into 6 x 3.5-hour modules over 6 consecutive weeks.
- Introductions, ways of working and individual aims.
- The military mindset: understand how the human mind works and the impact of how your experiences shape your mind.
- Breathe, sleep, move: review your health and wellbeing and the positive changes you can make to your lifestyle.
- Learning to prioritise, plan and make good decisions: understand and apply different tools to help you review your priorities and set actions.
- Overcoming obstacles to your progress: recognise barriers to change and discover the benefits of thinking/planning ahead and review and reflection skills.
- Sustaining positive change: Refresh and recap on your learning, review your support networks and develop an action plan for your future.
- Dates: 15th March 2023 until 19th April 2023
- Day: Every Wednesday
- Time: 9:30am-1:00 pm
How to book onto this course
If you are already enrolled with our Recovery College:Contact us
If you are already enrolled with Thurrock Recovery College and would like to book onto a course, you can do this by calling us, emailing us or submitting your interest in a course via our contact form.
If you are not already enrolled with our Recovery College:Submit an online registration form
To book on to one of our courses, you need to be enrolled with Thurrock Recovery College. You can do this by calling us on 01375 809708, emailing us at ThurrockRCollege@mpft.nhs.uk, or submitting a secure online registration form.
To see when our courses are running, download our timetables below.
(Please note our timetables can be subject to change)